Everyone longs for a tropical getaway. From the lush sand to the crystal blue water, the Caribbean islands and destinations are the perfect escape from reality. All of the Caribbean islands offer a wide variety of tourist activities, attractions, dining options, and historical landmarks, however let’s be honest, when we are in the Caribbean we are there primarily for the beach.
The Caribbean is known for its white as snow beaches, tropical temperatures, and water that is clear as glass. When choosing and planning the perfect Caribbean vacation spot, you have some awesome choices. Some destinations offer all inclusive resort options and private beaches, some Caribbean destination cruises feature a full day of lounging on a privately owned beach, and some offer charming cottages and bungalows and the option to live like the locals. No matter how you choose to manage your vacation in the Caribbean, there are a few beaches that are preferred, must-see destinations as recommended by experienced travellers.
• Palm Beach in Aruba — This popular beach has many all-inclusive resorts and amenities, and a host of entertaining, beach-related activities.
• Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic — The beautiful beaches in Punta Cana accommodate the majority of resorts in the Dominican Republic. Fall in love with the large size of these resorts that make them feel like their own individual cities.
• Sainte-Anne in Guadeloupe — This French-speaking tourist town is home to another luscious beach in the Caribbean. These crystal clear water in the beaches of Sainte-Anne are the ultimate spot for water activities such as scuba diving and snorkelling.
• Palm Island in the Grenadines — Only accessible by boat, this remote island is only home to one resort and a few houses. This less touristy beach is guaranteed to bring you true relaxation. Since the banning of Iguana hunting the island now has thousands of these intriguing reptiles and is a great place to see tropical nature at it’s best.
• Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos — The most popular beach in Turks and Caicos, Grace Bay features the majority of Provo’s resorts and has a high tourist population. This beautiful beach may be the most popular beach on this Caribbean island, but you will still find plenty of room to relax and reap all the benefits of a vacation in Turks and Caicos.
• White Bay Beach in the British Virgin Islands — This beach has been kept private in the past, however, it is slowly becoming public and more and more travellers are raving about the untouched, gorgeous sand and perfect aqua blue water. This beach has also been considered one of the top ten beaches in the entire world.
• Crane Beach in Barbados — Also voted one of the top ten best beaches in the world. With moderate waves, a big breeze, and ultimate seclusion, this is truly the Caribbean getaway of your dreams. Barbados has a bunch of nice beaches so we’d generally recommend hiring a car, giving you the flexibility to stay at whichever beach you like but still getting to see the whole island. A few hotels offer self-catering accommodation directly on the beach. We think self-catering generally makes for a more relaxing trip.
• Pink Sand Beach in the Bahamas — This beach has been raved about by The Travel Channel and other expert travelling publications, and is considered to be one of the best beaches in the Bahamas. This beach features miles and miles of, you guessed it, soft pink sand and warm, turquoise water perfect for scuba diving and water sports.
• The Baths in the British Virgin Islands — Located in the largest British Virgin island, Virgin Gorda, The Baths is considered to be one of the Caribbean’s most gorgeous beaches. It’s rocky, yet luxurious shores are the perfect atmosphere to relax and soak up every ounce of the sun.
• Half Moon Bay in Antigua — This family-friendly beach is beautiful and it is the perfect beach for windsurfing. The coral reef at this beach also means there is close to shore snorkelling for visitors.
The Caribbean offers some of the warmest, clearest water you’ll find anywhere on the planet and a multitude of different options for relaxing, fun activities and sightseeing.